Monday, November 9, 2015

BOOM

          The title of this blog post pretty much sums up the blog post. Last night we had The Most Heavenly Pizza Ever Created and this morning I saw my dad take a pizza box from last night down to the fire pit to burn it. Then later I walk down stairs to do school, ( I'm home schooled remember ) and look out the window and I see my dad next to the fire pit, and there was a bunch of stuff in the fire pit ( more than just a pizza box ) and some of it was white, some of it was different colors, so I thought my dad was about to burn plastic bags, I wondered why he would do that, and either way burning plastic polluting and that's not good. I keep looking at the big pile of white stuff in the fire pit, wondering what it could be, then, BOOM.

        The house shook, there was a big BOOM and my dad took a big step back from the fire pit, because the fire pit had just exploded. Some of the grass around the pit was on fire. The big stack of white stuff was on fire and stuff was floating around in the air. Then I go out side to check on my dad and ask what happened, and as soon as I walked out the door it smelled like gasoline, I asked my dad if he was okay, ( he looked fine ) he said why wouldn't he be, and I said because you just blew up the whatever you're burning. He told me he was burning some cardboard because the recycling bin in our basement was full, I asked him if he used gasoline and if he just dumped gasoline on the pile and just tossed a match on the stack of paper, ( he's done that before ) just to clarify what I thought he did, and he said he covered everything in gasoline, ( especially the paper shreds he thew in the pit ) except for a piece of cardboard which he then caught on fire with a match ( although how he made the thing catch on fire isn't really important, maybe it is if you use C4 or a flame thrower ) then when the piece of cardboard that wasn't covered in gas reached the gas covered paper everything went boom.

No comments:

Post a Comment