Thursday, December 17, 2015

I Know

             TODAY'S THE DAY!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!! But I'm the only one in my family that's willing to stand in a line for an hour just to get a seat, so.... I'm in the car while my dad is driving me and my sister to Latin class (yes, I speak Latin, who cares if it's a dead language) and we're talking about the new Star Wars movie. I tell my dad I want to see Star Wars The Force Awakens as soon as possible, and he says that there are going to be people in tents on the sidewalk waiting just to see the movie as soon as the can because they just CAN'T wait. I tell my dad yeah, I'm one of those people. But I'm only 11 so I can't do anything.... Except plot.

            What if one of my friends and his older brother are willing to get out into the wilderness of people, (I wonder what is more wild, people in line to see a multi-million dollar movie, or poor people on Black Friday? No offense to poor people) because obviously one of my friends parents aren't going to want to stand in line forever either. But all of my friends go to public school and today is a Thursday, I'm homeschooled so my schedule is a little more... flexible... and I have really good negotiating powers (my dad likes massages and my mom doesn't like to cook dinner).



            For those of you that don't know the Han Solo quote "I know" in the best Star Wars movie Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back, I put a video of the quote here for you. But here's some history you might want to know if you don't know it before you see the video. Han Solo, Chewbacca and Princess Leia are captured by Darth Vader on the cloud city of Bespin, Vader plans to freeze his son, Luke Skywalker, in carbonite to take him to the Emperor who wants to persuade him into joining the Dark Side. Lando Clarisson then tells Darth Vader that the process of freezing Luke in carbonite might kill him, so Vader decides to test the carbonite freezer thing on Han and then gives him to a bounty hunter that works for him, Boba Fett. Boba Fett is also working with Jabba the Hut,,who wants Han Solo because Han has some unpaid debts to Jabba. Right before Han gets frozen, Leia tells Han that she loves him, and Han has the best reply "I know."

No comments:

Post a Comment